Michael KA Rhodes commenced a third law firm in Moree as “MKA Rhodes” in April 1974. His office was initially above Assefs Store in Balo Street. Michael J Kildea entered into partnership with Michael Rhodes in about 1976 and remained until about October 1988. The firm changed its name to “Rhodes Kildea & Co”.
Peter H Gall worked as a law clerk in the firm from early 1979 and then purchased the share of Michael Rhodes on 9 May 1983. The firm name remained the same. In 1979 the firm’s office moved to 1st floor of the Criterion Centre in Balo Street.
Keri A Brown and Stuart Johnston were in partnership in Warialda trading as Johnston & Brown. On 1 March 1986 Johnston & Brown merged with Rhodes Kildea & Co to become “Rhodes Kildea & Johnston”. Between 1986 and 2000 the firm had 3 branches of the firm in Moree, Warialda and Inverell. The Inverell branch was sold in 1997 and the Warialda branch closed in 2000 however, the firm has retained a presence in Warialda with a solicitor attending an office in that town weekly.
Sarah S Osborn commenced work with the firm on 8 May 2001. Upon the firm becoming an incorporated practice in October, 2006 Sarah became a Director of Rhodes Kildea Lawyers Pty Ltd which began, and continues to trade under the name “Rhodes Kildea Lawyers”. In June 2007 after months of preparation & lots of hard work by all the staff the firm opened doors at it’s current location, 33 Heber Street, an art deco building built in the 1930’s.